Harassment (FDCPA / TCPA)
What is consumer harassment?
Harassment by a debt collector can come in different forms but examples include repetitious phone calls intended to annoy or abuse, obscene language, and threats of violence.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) says debt collectors can’t harass, oppress, or abuse you or anyone else they contact. The Telephone Collection Practices Act (TCPA) stops creditors from “robo-dialing” your cellular phone.
Both of these laws can stop collection calls. And, they can even put hundreds of thousands of dollars in your pocket! And, the best part is, you never pay PandA a dime until we win your case!
Some examples of harassment are:
- Repetitious phone calls that are intended to annoy, abuse, or harass you or any person answering the phone
- Obscene or profane language
- Threats of violence or harm
- Publishing lists of people who refuse to pay their debts (this does not include reporting information to a credit reporting company)
- Calling you without telling you who they are
If you’ve been harassed by creditors in Las Vegas, give us a call at 702-818-3888 and get the help that you deserve.
Get Your FREE* Consultation with our Attorneys
The attorneys at PandA Law Firm help consumers throughout Las Vegas and Henderson, Nevada find effective and manageable solutions to their financial troubles. Get started today!
"*" indicates required fields