Las Vegas Debt Settlement
You Have Rights
Much like a professional athlete or television star, you have the right to attempt to renegotiate any contract at any time. In essence, that’s what Las Vegas debt settlement is: a renegotiation of what you owe a creditor to a lower amount. Debt settlement can get you out of debt without bankruptcy.
Now, contract negotiation can be tricky at times, and that’s why athletes and actors have teams of agents and attorneys to handle it for them. At PandA Law Firm, we’re your agent and your lawyer. We’ll negotiate with your creditors to reduce the amount you owe. This is very different from debt consolidation or even credit counseling who’s goal is to lower interest rates or payments. Your PandA Law Firm attorney will LOWER THE AMOUNT YOU OWE your creditors. Typically, you’ll wind up paying back 30% to 50% of the total balance. (results may vary)
What is the difference between Debt Settlement and Bankruptcy?
How do I improve my credit after Debt Settlement?
How long will it take me to get out of debt?
- Don’t qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Or,
- Don’t want to file bankruptcy.
- Have experience saving toward a goal. And,
- Can see yourself able to save up to 50% of your total debt within 24 months.
Debt Settlement is a contract negotiation between a creditor (or debt-collector) and a debtor (or the debtor’s attorney). The goal of this negotiation is to convince the collector to take a small portion of the total balance as Payment-In-Full. In addition, the paperwork that accompanies the settlement offer should ensure that the balance is marked down to zero, and no one can EVER try to collect on that account again. Sometimes debt settlement is used to avoid bankruptcy, but in other cases financially savvy clients just want to get out of debt with as little out-of-pocket as possible.
- Make sure it’s a law firm. Some debt settlement companies claim to be attorneys, but aren’t. – Look up any attorney you meet with at www.nvbar.org.
- Make sure the attorney handles ALL ASPECTS of Debt Relief. – If a law firm doesn’t handle bankruptcy AND debt settlement, they’ll probably advise you that the one they sell is your best option. When your only tool is a hammer…
- Check the attorney’s reputation on the BBB website.
- Ask to see a portfolio of some of the firm’s executed settlements – Testimonials.
- Other than the fee for the attorney’s service, no reputable settlement firm should “hold your money in trust” or tell you to make payments to them and they’ll pay your creditors – It’s your money, you should be holding on to it until settlements are executed.
- Beware of monthly fees. – If a firm wants to charge you $50 or $100/month as a maintenance fee as long as you’re a client, what incentive do they have to finish your file? You should know ALL attorney’s fees up-front, before you EVER pay a dime. It should be a fixed number that doesn’t change based on time / results.
Get Your FREE* Consultation with our Debt Settlement Attorneys
If your debt is getting out of control, and you’d like to know more about debt settlement or bankruptcy, call us today at 702-818-3888 or fill out the contact form below to schedule your free* consultation with one of our attorneys!
"*" indicates required fields